Welcome to the Search Committee Blog
December 18, 2017
Hey E-Free Lethbridge and beyond! Thank you for following along here and staying committed to praying with us as the search committee does it’s work. We are honoured with this opportunity to serve our local church. Here are some updates to keep you in the “loop”.
• We have had 6 formal meetings so far. Most recently December 14, 2017.
• We had a great meeting several months ago with Rob Cave, our District Superintendent. He had excellent insight, encouragement, and general recommendations
• We had our first congregational announcement at all services on December 10, 2017.
• We continue to work through the Pastoral Search Committee document that has been provided by the Evangelical Free Church denomination. This resource is a large document but has been very helpful.
• The article “Leadership and Church Size Dynamics” by Tim Keller is a must read for us as a committee but we encourage everyone to read it. It is a very interesting read about church size and it’s impacts, needs, etc.
• We have been holding on to the Bible dearly and reviewing our Statement of Faith consistently as well as we continue to work on individual tasks.
• As mentioned in the Dec 10th announcement, we will be sending out a Congregational Survey to everyone in the new year. We look forward to hearing from you. 🙂
• Lastly, we look forward to providing further updates as we progress along. Thank you for your prayers!
Comments are closed.