UPDATE: March 26, 2020
Learn how to join the Prayer Meeting here.
- Women’s Ministries has two new studies starting next week – sign up today!
- Young Adults Deeper groups and Youth Small Groups began meeting this week. If you are not already part of a group, please contact us if you or your student would like to join.
- New Online Small Groups for adults are just about ready to launch! To join a group or to become a group leader, contact Jeremy Light.
- Please continue to utilize our online giving methods or set up automatic withdrawal. If you require assistance, please give us a call at 403.329.3125.
- A staff or board member is available to pick up your tithe if you are unable to give online. Please contact us to make arrangements.
UPDATE: March 16, 2020
To be clear, in light of the recommendations to practice social distancing, all on-site gatherings are suspended and we are strongly recommending that groups do not meet in person during this time.
You can expect facilitators of the groups and programs you are involved with to be in contact about how this impacts your involvement and what it could look
like going forward. If you are not already part of a group, you can connect to online groups using the links below.
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICES
Intercultural Ministries: Intercultural Ministries leadership will be connecting with all new Canadians on our contact list, ensuring they have a primary contact with our church so that we can provide support as needed.
Responding to Emergency Needs: We will be working with churches, agencies, and government in the Lethbridge region to support relief efforts. In particular, we are supporting a partnership between MyCityCare, the Lethbridge Foodbank, and the Interfaith Foodbank to address emergency food needs in our city. In addition, we are committed to supporting City of Lethbridge initiatives.
Caring for our Neighbors: It’s is a bit tricky to know how to connect with the people on your street while social distancing but please be attuned to the needs of those around you. Pray for your neighbors, send them a text or an e-mail, put up an encouraging sign in your front window, or follow your neighborhood association website. This is the time to be creative!
SMALL GROUPS & COMMUNITY GROUPS
Sign up for Right Now Media: This streaming video collection contains tons of great videos and resources for your kids, as well as amazing content for all ages, and it’s our gift to you! Matt and Rosie will be pointing parents and caregivers to helpful content for kids.
ParentCue Resources: Free access to our preschool curriculum including Bible story videos and memory verses, as well as a podcast and blog to help give you ideas to keep the lessons going at home.
Bible Reading Plan: We’ll be starting a reading plan together and sharing prayer requests starting next week.
Check out our new Spotify playlist!
Our primary communication with parents will be through Facebook and email. Primary Communication with our youth will be through Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
If you would like to get involved in our online community but are not already part of a YA small group, email Joel or Luke and we will connect you with a small group leader.
UPDATE: March 16, 2020
UPDATE: March 13, 2020
UPDATE: March 12, 2020
Dear Church Family,
I want to update you on what’s happening at E-Free in light of cases of COVID-19 appearing in Alberta. Like you, I’ve been following this evolving story closely. We are reaching out to local officials and have spoken with a number of other pastors in the area to gain perspective on how to best move forward as this becomes an issue facing our city.
The uncertainty of this outbreak is creating anxiety in our workplaces, schools, and day-to-day activities, yet we remain certain of God’s steadfast presence and careful attention to all that is happening. Please join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness, as well as their caregivers and those who are working around the clock to minimize the impact of this virus.
It is important to note that the risk of contracting COVID-19 in Alberta is still considered low.
Specifically, here’s what we are currently doing to minimize the risks in our context:
- Increasing our sterilization process throughout the entire church.
- Encouraging everyone, including staff and volunteers, to stay home if they are sick.
- Providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Offering baskets will be relocated to the back of the Worship Centre / Gym so you don’t need to pass them down the row. Remember, you can also give online at efreelethbridge.ca/give
- Putting measures in place to ensure that ministry can continue online, in small groups, and through supplemental resources.
- Staying informed about recommendations including:
Information for Albertans
Alberta Health Services
Lethbridge School Division
Holy Spirit School Division
Please be mindful of the guidance from Alberta Health Services, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you are healthy but your personal health causes you extra concern about being exposed to the virus, we encourage you to make the best decision for your situation. If there are ways we can better support you, please let us know.
- While asymptomatic travelers from affected areas are not mandated to observe a 14-day quarantine, we urge you to consider refraining from attending church events, classes and services until the 14-day time-frame has been observed. While you are out, you can access the service online each week at efreelethbridge.ca/media.
The last thing I ask of you is to pray and look for ways to make an impact in your community as this situation develops. Along with the anxiety and limitations caused by this threat will come numerous opportunities to serve, cooperate, and build bridges with our city. As we face this situation, may we be a church that’s living out of faith, rather than out of fear.
If you have ideas about how we can serve during this time or would like to share your thoughts, concerns, or questions as we navigate our response to COVID-19, we’d love to hear from you. Your input and feedback are important to us. Please email email@example.com with any questions or comments.
While we cannot control the virus, the spread or the impact it has in our church, we’re doing everything we can to make this campus as safe and clean as possible. We appreciate your cooperation and commitment to help us do just that. We must also remember that God has not called us to live in fear but in faith. As the apostle, Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7:
“For the Spirit of God does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.”
My prayer is that God will fill all of us with these three gifts, no matter what comes our way.
UPDATE: March 12 at 6:18 pm
We have decided at this point to continue holding services this weekend for the following reasons:
• While there are cases of COVID-19 in Alberta, there have been no reported cases in our region and the risk is considered low.
• We expect that at some point in the coming weeks we will likely need to offer ONLY online services. This Sunday could be one of the last opportunities to gather while the risk is still low.
• We are taking our cues from local and provincial officials and the local school divisions. While they have recommended that gatherings over 250 be cancelled, places of worship and schools are currently considered exempt.
• We anticipate low attendance between the winter storm this weekend and the COVID-19 situation. We expect that those who consider themselves to be at risk will choose to join us online and those who have recently traveled or been exposed will follow self-isolation guidelines.
• It is imperative in times of crisis that we counter fear and anxiety through worship and celebration of hope together. We remain certain of God’s steadfast presence and are moving forward with careful attention to all that is happening.
• We are well positioned to pivot quickly if we do need to cancel services and midweek programming. We have strategy, resources, and leadership that is ready to adjust how we minister, serve, and speak hope to our community during this season of uncertainty.
Watch our services online:
Sunday Morning Services
Livestream available at 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
+(403) 329 3125
4717 24 Avenue South
Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 7C1