YOU are the most important spiritual influence in your child’s life! Our goal is to support and equip you to raise your children according to the guidelines God has laid out in the Bible. Training days, relationship building events, and family volunteer opportunities are just a few ways we can help throughout the year. Have a question, need prayer, encouragement, or to bounce some ideas off someone? Contact Mark Dyck through the church office.
The How | Family Conference
Saturday, March 17 from 9:00–12:30, followed by lunch
A practical parenting workshop for families with babies through young adults.
$25 per family, including sessions, childcare, and lunch. Choose from sessions on:
– Engaging Your Children in Faith Conversations
– Gender Identity and Sexuality
– Mental Illness and Parenting
– Young Adults and Faith Conversations
– Blending Families and the Transition
Childcare provided for children up to grade 5.
Session 1: 9–10:30 am
Session 2: 10:45 am–12:15 pm
Lunch: 12:30 pm
Escape is an indoor play group for parents and their preschool children. Come for coffee & company 9:45-12 Thursday mornings. Open to the community!
This is an opportunity where you can formally acknowledge your child as God’s gift and dedicate him or her back to God. In doing this, you commit yourself to raise your child in a Christian home to know and trust Jesus Christ. It’s one of those chances you have to put a stake in the ground and say “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:15). It’s a commitment your family can look back on and be encouraged by when the going gets rough. Dedications are scheduled into our regular worship services several times during the year.
How to make it happen:
- Pray about your commitment
- Contact Mark Dyck to set up a time to meet.
- Choose from upcoming Child Dedication Sundays and the worship service that works best for your family
- Invite your significant people and don’t forget your camera!
- “Spiritual Parenting” by Michelle Anthony
- 31 Ways to Pray for Your Children
- Southern Alberta Bible Camp
- Center for Parent/Youth Understanding